DeLorme Earthmate PN-30
Discontinued. Replaced by Delorme Earthmate PN-40 >>
The PN-30 ships with the FULL VERSION of the newly-released Topo USA 8.0. Includes DeLorme Topo USA 8.0 DVD software with full, updated U.S. topographic & street maps to export as needed to your PN-30. Also comes with street maps of Canada, main roads for Mexico and supports Navionics HotMaps Premium lake charts & Gold marine charts.
Canadian topographic 1:50K are also available through DeLorme's MapLibrary with an annual subscription of $29.95USD. See all the details here >> Topographic coverage for most of Canada, the scanned raster Canada Topographic Map Sheets can overlay other maps. They include topographic contour lines and water, and also significant buildings, historic sites, and other manmade features in urban areas. Click here for an example of the Vancouver area >>
Also Included: Sample Certificate. A $40 certificate is included for downloading sample supplementary datasets. Take a "test drive" with any of the supplementary datasets DeLorme offers: high-resolution aerial imagery, USGS 7.5-Minute Quad Map, NOAA Nautical Charts, and more..
- Blazing-fast, high-sensitivity 32-channel STMicroelectronics Cartesio chipset
- Dual-core processor for instantaneous map and satellite imagery redraws, even with large aerial imagery files and multiple maps layers
- 360° raster rotation sets the PN-30 apart from other common GPS handhelds. With 360° rotation road, building, and other images really are on your left or right as you look at the map and walk, bike or drive
- WAAS-enabled for accuracy within 3 meters
- Now supports SDHC high-capacity SD cards (up to 32 GB) for fast and direct map transfer from the included maps discs
- The PN-30 is waterproof to the IEC 529 IPX7 standard
- Designed to function in high-humidity environments, including consistent humidity levels over 90%, and in the rain
- The PN-30 has been rigorously tested to function in high-vibration conditions such as off-road driving
- Operating temperature range for the PN-30 is -20 degrees C to +75 degrees C. The PN-30 should function in extreme cold as well as rapidly-changing temperature environments
Other Features of the PN-30
Power Travel Kit and 1-GB SD Card & Reader Included This deluxe bundle includes both the Travel Power Kit and 1-GB SD Card & Reader. The Travel Power Kit provides a complete Lithium-Ion rechargeable power option for the Earthmate GPS PN-30. The SD Card and Reader are ideal for use with large files including the DeLorme Aerial Data Packets (ADPs).
High-Performance Technology Features STMicroelectronics Cartesio chipset and updated DeLorme firmware for amazing signal acquisition and retention, map scrolling and redraw – even with multiple layers of imagery, topo and street maps.
Multiple Views of the Same GPS Location On-device data layering lets you select which map or imagery type to see of your GPS location. Switch among data types to gain a comprehensive view of where you are – it's revolutionary and provides a whole new level of geographic detail.
Bright Color Screen Works in bright sunlight to total darkness. Sharp® brand screen featuring the latest transflective screen technologies to maximize visibility under a variety of lighting conditions.
Rugged and Waterproof Conforms to IPX-7 waterproof standard with impact-resistant rubberized housing for a solid grip. Concealed battery compartment with SD card slot. Includes two AA batteries.
Easy Exchange of Maps, Tracks, and Waypoints Exchange routes, tracks and waypoints between the GPS and Topo USA (two-way transfers).
Extensive On-Device Memory 500 MB of available internal flash memory in addition to the pre-loaded world base map. Holds up to ten tracks (10,000 points per track); 1,000 user-defined waypoints; and 50 routes. SD slot also available.
|PN-30 Hardware Specifications
||2.43" W x 5.25" H x 1.5" D
||Sharp high-resolution 2.2" 65K-color Transflective TFT color display (220 x 176 pixels)
||5.35 ounces; with Li-Ion rechargeable battery: 6.7 oz; with alkaline AA batteries: 7.00 oz
||yes (IPX-7 waterproof standard, impact-resistant rubberized housing )
||Super high-sensitivity 32-channel Cartesio chipset by STMicroelectronics for rapid signal acquisition and ConstantLock satellite retention, even in challenging GPS environments
||500 MB available internal Flash memory
||Supports SDHC high-capacity SD-cards – up to 32 GB (1GB card included)
||2 AA batteries (included) (Also includes Travel Power Kit with rechargeable Li-ion battery pack)
||Rechargeable CR-V3 Li-Ion supplied by DeLorme: 500 charges, 11 hours per charge, average cost of .0010/hour. (Average full charging time in the cradle or in the device: 5 hours.)
||AA Energizer Max: 14 hours, at an average cost of .12/hour
||AA Energizer e2-Lithium: 22.50 hours, at an average cost of .22/hour
||Hot Start: 5-6 seconds
||Warm Start: < 45 seconds
||Cold Start: < 60 seconds
||Update rate: 1/second, continuous
||Position: < 15 meters, 95% typical**; Velocity: 0.05 meter/sec steady state
||Position: < 3 meters, 95% typical**
||Sharp high-resolution 2.2" Transflective TFT color display (220 x 176 pixels)
|Routes & tracks:
||Holds up to 10 tracks (10,000 points per track), 1,000 user-defined waypoints, and 50 routes
*Based on power consumption tests conducted here at DeLorme, and using the average selling price for each power option shown, we recommend the following battery types when factoring cost per hour. Of course, any AA battery type will work and this information is provided to give you a baseline of information.
**Subject to accuracy degradation to 100m 2DRMS under the United States Department of Defense-imposed Selective Availability Program.
System Requirements for Delorme Topo USA 8.0
• Windows Vista® Home Basic/Home Premium/Business/Ultimate with 512 MB RAM (1+ GB recommended)
• U.S. Version Microsoft Windows XP (Service Pack 2 or later) with 512 MB RAM (1+ GB recommended)
• Microsoft® Internet Explorer 6.02 or later
• 1.5 GHz or higher processor (1.8 GHz recommended)
• 1.7 GB of available hard-disk space (6.4 GB if all map data for North America is loaded to hard drive)
• DVD-ROM Drive
• 3D-capable video card with 64 MB VRAM (128+ MB recommended) and 1024 x 768 screen resolution or higher
For GPS Use
• DeLorme Earthmate® GPS PN-Series, LT-Series, BT-20, or GPS Tripmate®; or any fully-compatible NMEA receiver from GARMIN™, Magellan®, Lowrance/Eagle®, Brunton®, Trimble®, Timex® or Suunto®.
• Compatible with Intel-based Macintosh computers running Boot Camp® for Windows XP
• Earthmate PN-30
• Pre-loaded worldwide highway and major road base map
• DeLorme Topo USA software with full U.S. topographic and street-level detail
• Certificate for $40 worth of data downloads
• 1-GB SD Card
• USB interface cable
• Neck lanyard
• 2 AA Energizer® alkaline batteries
• Comprehensive user's manual
• Serious Tool sticker