Recon Instruments The world’s first Micro Optics Display for alpine goggles with Android connectivity.
Discontinued. No longer available.
Recon Instruments introduces MOD Live, an interactive display for the world’s first GPS-enabled goggles**. MOD Live snap-fits into Recon-ready goggles, delivering sleek graphics and smart optics that are completely non-obtrusive for front and peripheral vision.
MOD Live offers real-time feedback, including speed, jump analytics, latitude/longitude, altitude, vertical distance travelled, total distance travelled, chrono/stopwatch mode, a run-counter, temperature and time. MOD Live also integrates with Android smartphones for additional apps and live connectivity giving access to navigation, resort points of interest, caller ID*, text messaging*, MP3 playlists*, buddy tracking*, wireless camera sync, and much more.
*Android smartphone required to use some features of MOD Live. **Goggles sold separately. Recon Ready Goggles: Alpina, Briko, Uvex, Zeal
• Bluetooth® 2.0
• Recon (object push) for file transfer
• Serial Port Profile (SPP)
• Video Distribution Profile (VDP)
• BTLE, wireless user interface remote control
• Global Positioning System (GPS) Receiver
• 6 Degrees of Freedom Inertial Sensor (Tri-axial Gyroscope, Tri-axial Accelerometer)
• 3 Axis compass sensor
• Temperature sensor
• Barometric pressure sensor
• Memory: 512 MB
• RAM : 256 MB
Environment / Mechanical
• Weight of the unit : ~65 Grams (~2.3oz)
• Storage Temperature range : -20°C to 60°C (-4°F to 140°F)
• Operating Temperature range : -20°C to 30°C (-4°F to 86°F)
• Vibration resistance : 6 g rms 10 Hz to 2000 Hz
• Shock / drop resistance : 100 g, 8 ms, ® sine (1 m vertical drop)
• Enclosure : Water Resistant enclosure, IP65
• Primary supply voltage : 3.7 Lithium Polymer Rechargeable Battery
• Charge Time : 1 hour fast charge to 80% capacity, 3 hours to full
• Battery size and life : 1200 mAHr /up to 6 Hours
• micro-USB 2.0 (5-pin) port for data connection and charging
• Windows PC: Intel Pentium 4 or higher, Windows XP, Vista, 7 or higher
• Mac: Intel Core Duo or higher, Mac OS X v10.6 or later
English and French
In the Box:
• Micro Optics Display Live (MOD Live)
• Bluetooth low energy remote control
• Remote goggle mount strap
• Remote wrist strap
• Charger and adapters
• Micro USB cable
The sleek Bluetooth remote and highly durable velcro straps easily fit over your outerwear on the wrist, arm, belt or goggle. The large remote buttons make the navigating through your dashboards a breeze without having to remove your gloves.
View real-time data direct-to-eye that simulates a 14" screen from 5' away.
Download HQ Mobile App for Android
You can sync up with your Recon Instruments MOD Live for added app functions when ripping down the slopes with the HQ Mobile Android app. View text messages and caller ID in your Micro Optics Display, adjust your MP3 playlists and track your buddies on-hill.
Use trip viewer mode to see your runs on your smartphone and share instantly across social media.